SELLING OR EXITING YOUR BUSINESS SEMINAR
If you’re looking to transition out of your business, it’s never too soon to start what can be a tricky process. Most business owners rely on the funds they receive from the sale of their business to fund their future plans. How can you plan for a successful sale and ensure you get the highest possible price, and a smooth transition out of the business?
Whether you’re looking to hand your family business on to the next generation, looking to change the type of business you’re in, or you’re selling to retire comfortably, we’ll provide you with information to guide you on the right path to a successful transition.
Join our panel of experts from the finance, legal, accounting and business broking industries as we share our combined knowledge and experience for those looking to make a change.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Selling Your Business
- What do you need to put in place for a quick sale?
- What is the sale process – pitfalls to avoid and things to consider, how long things should take?
- What assistance is available and what do you need – valuations / accountants / brokers / solicitors / financiers
- What should be included in the sale?
- What’s a good price point to sell at?
- Vendor finance – will this work for you?
- How to make your business attractive to financiers
- Benefits and risks of selling to employees
- Common issues with partnerships and shareholding arrangements
- Employment Contracts – do you have termination clauses in place with staff?
- Small business tax concession for entity restructuring – can you take advantage?
- How to plan for a good transition between business owners
- Case studies of what can go wrong and how to prevent it from happening to you
- Do you plan to sell or hand your business to the next generation?
- How to plan your transition
- How to agree on a fair sale price when family is involved
- How to finance – can the kids get finance? Do they have collateral or will Mum and Dad need to back them?
- What impact will selling to family have on your retirement plans and funds?
- What if the kids don’t want to work in the business – what are your options for selling?
PANEL Q&A SESSION AND REFRESHMENTS
Following the keynote presentations, our panel will conduct a Q&A Session, so bring your questions and receive the advice to set you on the path to success. Stay afterwards for refreshments and a personal discussion with any of our panel experts, and stay for the draw of our Business Evaluation Package where you could win a $1,700 bonus to help plan your next steps.
Dates: Wednesday 7 June 2017
Times: 5:15pm Registration And Welcome, Concludes By 7pm With Post-event Drinks, Nibbles And Networking
Venue: Maroochy Surf Club Function Room, Level 1, 34-36 Alexandra Parade Maroochydore
Free, But Bookings Are Required For Catering And Room Setup